Salzburg is a perfect base to visit a variety of wonderful spots within a short driving distance. A few ideas are below.
Half Day Tours
- The Sound of Music – Leopoldskron Palace, Palace Frohnburg, the gazebo at Hellbrunn, Nonnberg Abbey, 4 lakes in the Lake District (Salzkammergut), including Mondsee – home to the wedding church
- Eagle’s Nest – Hitler’s Mountaintop Retreat
- Bavarian Mountains, Lake of Kings – Königsee and the town of Berchtesgaden
- Salt Mines (either in Berchtesgaden, Hallein or Hallstatt)
- Salzkammergut – the Austrian Lake District
Minimum Duration 4 hours – Price €200 (not including transport)
Full Day Tours
- Lake Chiem – Chiemsee – home to one of King Ludwig’s famous castles
- Eisriesenwelt – the largest ice caves in the world and Fortress Hohenwerfen
- Dachstein Mountains – sky-walk and ice palace
- Tyrolean Mountains – typical Tyrolean villages and the border town of Kufstein
- Hallstatt and the Austrian lake District
- Christmas Markets – Salzburg and the Lake District (seasonal)
Minimum Duration 8 hours – Price €300 (not including transport)
Additional Hour €50.00 per hour
Prices do not include entrance fees, tickets, transport or parking fees. Payment should be made in cash at the start of the tour or by previous arrangement. Group size – 40 people maximum.
Note: Either with your own coach, or I can help with transport for you, from taxis to minivans to coaches. Please note that due to insurance purposes I cannot travel with you in your private vehicle.
Combinations are of course possible and I can tailor tours to meet particular interests.